Saturday, September 19, 2009

Hello Again...

8 days and counting until I start my journey. I've got my first doctor appointment this Monday for blood work and smoking cessation. The blood work is for my physical fitness training. Wednesday I have my bio mechanical assessment at "Fitness Together." This is the place where Melissa my personal trainer is working with me one-on-one. They are going to do all sorts of tests and measurements on me. I'll post all the details once it is finished.

On the 27th I must throw away all my junk food and get ready to buy all new stuff. Melissa comes to my house to assist me with this part and then we go shopping! I have to pick a quit date for smoking. I quit cold-turkey on August 11th for three weeks and it did not work. It must work this time. My journaling, blogging, and book writing is key to my success and commitment to my self care. I have a dentist appointment October 2nd to start on my dental hygiene. That is a whole other story!

I have a puppy wait listed for me. I'm about 80% sure I'm purchasing her. Its such a task! But Harlan has wanted a puppy for years. Its time I let him enjoy this pleasure and pain. He's already one month off age 13. I'm not having anymore kids so I might as well have a puppy. She's a pit bull. I'll post a picture on facebook.

I need to find a therapist at my college. We get amazing discounts on therapy! This is part of my self care is essential in improving my overall health and well-being. I've been holding on to certain things in my life that are destroying me. Gotta work on this stuff or the whole makeover will fall apart.

I have a heavy load with Harlan, school, personal training, house work, the dental stuff and mental stuff. But I'm excited to start focusing on myself. That's my ultimate goal. I know I cannot do everything at once or I'll give up. I'm not giving up. I cannot give up. I'm in the 31-40 age bracket and if I do not fix my health I will pay for it. So will Harlan. Not to mention I'm unhappy with who I am right now.

Like I said, things will get more detailed beginning the 28th. I'm going to bring my camera and my notebook everywhere. I'm hoping to start a group for women here locally who want to make health and wellness changes. Support always helps.

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. It is cold outside! Talk later.

~ Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment